Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Walk the Talk

Talking only gets you so far.

For those of you who don't know me, I am a dreamer. A dreamer, a planner, and certainly sometimes a talker. Actually, not sometimes; quite often. I tend to spend a lot of my time, thinking up and imagining all the things I would like to do in my life.
.........but not actually doing them.

Now this is something I have recently come to notice, and I am not particularly proud of it. 
Have I become a bullshitter?
A person that sits around, talking all the time about the things they plan to do, and want to do, but never actually do them? 

Oh sad realization...... I have indeed became a bullshitter. 
Well not anymore! 
I don't want to be that person.
No. I WILL NOT be that person!

So what, you may ask, do I intend to do about this situation?
That is a very good question my friend--

No longer am I going to have a list of things I want, but instead, I'm building a list of things I will have, will do, or will see. 
No longer am I going to plan on storing food, or someday learn to can. NO! I'm going to start storing and learning to can now!

It's so easy for us to talk about the things we want in life, but when it comes time to actually do what it takes to make those things happen, it seems that there is always something (usually ourselves) holding us back. You get exactly what you put into something, so if you give up mentally before you even try, then you aren't going accomplish much of anything.





I'm tired of making excuses as to why things haven't gone in the direction I've wanted them to. So I'm going to stop doing that. As of right now, I am making a promise to myself that no matter how big the dream I have, if I really want it, I WILL make it happen. 

And you know what? You can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment